Buying real estate is more than just looking at properties and picking one that works. It’s also about finding the right home, at the right price, in the right location, while avoiding inconvenience and costly mistakes – not always an easy task! The best way to achieve these objectives is to work with a professional REALTOR® who understands your needs, wants, time frame and budget; but most importantly, knows how to negotiate on your behalf to achieve the best possible outcome.
A Buyer’s Sales Associate is a REALTOR® who works exclusively for you to assist in researching and purchasing a property. This exclusivity distinguishes a Buyer’s Representative from the Seller’s Representative (aka the Listing Agent) who is the legal representative of the seller and working in the seller’s best interests. Before calling the number on the sign, consider retaining your own representation.
Top Reasons to retain a Buyer’s Representative
- Obtain invaluable details about the properties you’re looking at: historic sales data, comparable properties, a second opinion of value, and potentially other information about the property that the seller’s representative can’t legally provide.
- An exclusive buyer’s agent can negotiate on your behalf and suggest what to offer based on experience (the seller’s representative cannot do this – they must work in the seller’s best interests).
- A buyer’s agent can help you find foreclosures, exclusive listings, expired listings and other properties that may not be listed for sale on the open market.
- Discretion, confidentiality, loyalty, and obedience: the pillars of solid representation.
- The services of a Buyer’s representative could save you thousands of dollars!
The services of a Buyer’s representative usually won’t cost you anything!*