I’d like to take a moment to highlight my experience and expertise with real estate-related technology and the advantages of working with a tech-savvy REALTOR®. I feel like I might be giving away some really useful info to my competitors here, but then again, you can’t imitate experience!
Speaking of experience, I spent about 15 years in the Information Technology industry, which provides me with an excellent understanding of Internet marketing and presence management. I obtained a Bachelor of Business Administration degree (with a focus in marketing) from Acadia University. During this time I ran several successful Internet-based businesses with my peers.
I am a keen follower (and developer) of new industry-specific marketing techniques, both physical and virtual. I employ these techniques to improve the visibility of my listings online; for example, through the use of dedicated domains, search engine optimization, analytics tracking, google ad-word campaigns, gis/mapping, CRM buyer management, etc. I am currently in the process of overseeing the development of a new website for RE/MAX Banner Real Estate which will employ cutting-edge full-MLS search filtering and categorization techniques. This will make searching for property in the Annapolis Valley amazingly easy and intuitive.
When evaluating the market value of a property (to help determine a list price), I employ a complex and proprietary database + spreadsheet system that I developed with the assistance of a certified home appraiser. My approach to property valuation goes beyond simple A, B & C comparison of similar, recently-sold properties.
A few other tidbits:
- I fully digitize all pertinent (non-sensitive) records for fast recall any place, any time (even while on the road).
- Generally speaking, I almost always reply to emails & text messages immediately (unless I am in an appointment or driving), day and night, 7 days a week.
- I’m a photoshop whiz and amateur photographer. My listing photographs often include panoramic shots and vibrant colours; after all, first impressions are everything!
- I’m an avid graphic artist & web developer, I design all of my print & web advertising in-house, by myself. The perfectionist in me wouldn’t have it any other way!
- I maintain a free, online chat service designed to help buyers and sellers with their real estate related questions, including quick, painless answers to questions about my listings.
This stuff is important, and I take these aspects of my job very seriously. I encourage you to read my November 29, 2011 article Five technology-related questions to ask every REALTOR® you interview for more insight as to why!